La Bourdère Site Plan La Ferme L'Atelier Le Pressoir La Grange La Petite Grange Other Houses The Countryside Other Activites Music

Le Pressoir

At first, the pressoir was so covered in ivy and filled with rubbish that it wasn't possible to see that there was a house attached to the barn that had the wine press in. After extensive clearing out, a fireplace, sink and date carved on a main beam - 1757, 1737 or 1767 depending on one’s interpretation - revealed themselves.

As further clearing out took place, it became clear that the roof urgently needed to be done. Work began in July 2003 and the last tile was put up in December 2003.

The workshop was built next door in the Atelier and the Pressoir became home in 2011.